Thursday, July 22, 2010

Online Conferencing - tick

Took part in an online conference (introduction) yesterday evening. I have avoided this ?platform ?tool whatever the term is for a long time. However, I now feel confident taking part in future online conferences (thanks). I also discovered I can talk to my Mac and other people can hear me! I still have no idea how or where the microphone is though. It was great hearing the other participants who are a very diverse and interesting crowd.
Blogging is weird. I feel a bit like I am talking to myself (or my Mac). I'm not used to this format but can see some fantastic potential. In the spirit of putting all this into practice I have set up blogs on the uni blackboard site for the Masters of Midwifery students. This can be another way for them to provide evidence of reflection on practice and a fun way to share their learning and experience. I won't make it mandatory but it will be interesting to see if any take it up as an option and see where it goes.
ps. the baby arrived last night.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    Welcome to the blog-lands. Your stuff is growing at a pace. Both is quality and quantity. I love the fish on your page = the same guy has a little hamster on a wheel that you can feed too. I think these little 'phatic' things make a page human - no meaning beyond fun.

    I just remarked on Trish's site about the number of midwives on this course. Well, I reckon even as a father and grandfather there is still plenty I have to learn about birthing. No let's face it - I haven't got off page one yet on that front :-)

    Hope you enjoy the course.

    Maurice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maurice. I couldn't resist the fish. I will check out the hamster too but don't want to end up with my blog looking like a pet shop : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pleased you were able to join the Elluminate meeting on your mac...sometimes mac users have real problems.

    ReplyDelete