Friday, July 23, 2010

Procrastination

Well I am supposed to be analysing data but this course has given me the perfect excuse to busy myself doing other very valuable activities. The lastest is setting up another midwifery focussed blog using iweb on the Mac. Got me thinking about ownership of content etc. I feel a little better knowing the content is on my computer and only I can lose it all. Also on blog sites such as this one - who owns the content? The blogger or the company? Anyone know?

2 comments:

  1. The content of your blog is your IP. A lot of people make some sort of statement about the ownership of the material on their blog eg 'all rights reserved'. I use a Creative Commons licence - have a look at this info which will give you a better idea:

    http://creativecommons.org.au/licences

    Having said that, if you have no statement about copyright, you may find people using your online stuff without permission. This blog is stored on a server which means always have access to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah
    I checked out the site and will put a statement on my midwifery blog.

    ReplyDelete