Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Realised I didn't mention why I am doing the course...
- It will be useful for my uni teaching. Another teaching tool (or many)
- I need a kick up the arse to get online and try new webby type things
- I need to face the fear
I am also hoping that one day I may be able to rescue my abandoned other self who I left behind in SecondLife. I realised I was in over my head when I appeared naked and I couldn't work out how to dress myself. After being approached by a floating man saying 'hey baby' my real self fled.

4 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard when I read about SL...your experience is very similar to a lot of people. Maybe we'll get to rescue your other self later in the course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,
    Well, I didn't go as far as nudity, but I did have two completely separate SL existences. What I haven't done is figured out a use for SL yet, so hopefully this course will help there.
    Cheers,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have found myself wandering off into flights of imagination wondering what may have happened to your poor SL self abandoned there in cyberspace. Came up with two very different plots...

    Lovely funny story!

    ReplyDelete